As you may know, I am an attorney in real life. I have received quite a few emails and have been asked at blogging conferences about legal issues. I get emails and tweets daily asking me about various issues that bloggers, online professional, and entrepreneurs experience with regard to legal, regulatory, and ethical situations relating to the online world.
I have created the Digital (Online) Rights and Blog Law™ series to address these questions. It’s an ongoing series and I encourage your comments and questions. [August 2013] I have create a separate website for my legal writing. I hope will you read my work at SaraFHawkins.com
I have also written for other online publications, with the following being my most highly read articles.
- Social Media Promotions and the Law: What You Need to Know
- 12 Most Applicable Laws for the Online Pro
- How Free Speech and Social Media Fit Together
- Are You Disclosing? What You Need to Know about FTC Rules and Social Media
- Tips to Avoid Ethical Pitfalls in Blogging and Social Media
- Copyright Fair Use and How it Works for Online Images
- 12 Most Useful Things to Know About Social Media and Defamation
- What Marketers Need to Know About the New FTC Disclosures
- 5 Laws Every Crisis Manager Needs To Know
- 5 Top Legal Issues For Authors and Self Publishers
Disclosure: While I am a lawyer, I am not offering legal advice. Posts on legal matters are intended to provide legal information and do not create an attorney/client relationship nor are they to be considered legal advice.