My fellow Blissdom legal panelists, Charlene and Sarah, suggested we all do a little video to introduce ourselves for Blissdom. You know, to take off the edge when walking into a conference of 500 women who are both strangers and friends. I hope those of you not going to Blissdom don’t mind my talking about Blissdom. It’s truly part of my Year of Awesome not only because I’m a speaker but also because it’s such a wonderful conference that is really more like a girlfriend gathering.
My little 1:28 video begins with me laughing because BabyGirl was my non-union camera crew and instead of counting down she’d just shout ‘LAWsome’ and I was supposed to start. We’d gone through about 10 tries of this and she had a case of the sillies by this point, so pardon the shaking and the giggles.
I didn’t really say much about who I am because I’m too complex for 1:28! Right! Feel free to stop laughing at any time now! No, really, I didn’t do in video what I am so much more comfortable doing with words. Note to self and readers: There is a vlogging panel at Blissdom and I’ll be there to learn how to master the ‘live from New York’ way of doing things.
But if you really want to know about the real me, this is all I can come up with:
1. I’m shy but I try to be outgoing
2. I have a dry sense of humor and say weird and funny things not realizing it
3. I’m really a lawyer and think that the law should be fun and approachable
4. I have more gray hair than I like to admit but I won’t color my hair because I’m too cheap and I’m afraid I won’t look like me
5. I probably should have lost weight before going to Blissdom, but I didn’t so it is what it is.
6. I’m an Ultra Type-A trying to embrace a less structure life
7. I normally drink only water, so I’m not being weird if we meet up and I don’t order a cocktail or anything. I’m just a water with lemon girl.
8. Sometimes I’ll go all out and order club soda with lime! Then you know I’m ready to kick it!! Ok, not really.
9. Yes, I really do drink FRS (not just because CycleGuy works there but I really do like it)
10. I’m not perfect, don’t wear the trendiest clothes, have to wear ‘old lady glasses’ at night because I don’t see as well since turning 40, I smile at most anyone and will say hi, and I’m just as nervous about meeting you and you are about meeting me!
If you’re going to Blissdom, feel free to tweet me (@Saving4Someday) or leave me a comment below and I’ll make sure I follow you so we can meet! If you’re not going to Blissdom, I’ll miss you and I’ll do my best to share what I learn, introduce some new people and share the awesome.
Wish me luck with the legal panel!